Speech delivered by the People’s Front at the conference dedicated to Stalin in the capital of Belarus, Minsk
Members of Anti-Imperialist Front, People`s Front – Turkey and leftist music band Grup Yorum, participated in a conference dedicated to the 140th birthday of great revolutionary leader Joseph Stalin. The conference entitled “Anti-Stalinism and the struggle against it” was held from 13-15 December in Minsk the capital city of Belarus. Below is the text of the speech delivered by People`s Front Turkey on the conference.
STALIN MEANS BELIEF IN SOCIALISM! STALIN MEANS INSISTENCE IN SOCIALISM!
STALIN MEANS DETERMINATION IN SOCIALISM!
STALIN IS THE NAME OF VICTORY AGAINST IMPERIALISM! STALIN IS DEFEAT OF IMPERIALISM!
Imperialism, especially within European left, organized counter-revolutionism within the frame of “anti-Stalinism”. Because rejecting Stalin meant rejecting the fundamental teachings of the revolution, the fundamental teachings of ML. That is, to refuse a revolution by force was to refuse war for the revolution, that is, to refuse war for the people’s power.
HISTORY CANNOT BE WRITTEN WITH LIES: THE TRUTHS ARE REVOLUTIONARY!
STALIN AND SOCIALISM CANNOT BE SMEARED WITH LIES, SLANDER, AND DEMAGOGUERY.
Individuals do not make history, history is not the work of people or heroes. History, is the history of class struggles. History is the work of the masses. If individuals and heroes are considered within this frame, then they will be given their true worth. In this framework, the Moscow Trials will have found their true meaning.
THE MOSCOW TRIALS IS THE CLASHING OF REVOLUTION AND COUNTER-REVOLUTION
With Lenin’s death, the prominent figures of that period, such as Zinoviev and Kamanev, who were repeatedly expelled from the party and forgiven after their self-criticization, but who were in a state of ambition to continue their counter-revolutionary treacherous attitude, did everything in their power to make Stalin stumble and fail.
These traitors, especially those who saw Lenin’s death as an opening, began to think, plan and look for opportunities where they could make Stalin and the other leaders fail. Not only did they look for opportunities, they organized and carried out treacherous actions.
– The Moscow Trials did not result in the execution of millions of people as alleged. The majority of the death sentences imposed were annulled and a very small portion of the sentences were imposed.
– It is not true that the sentences in the Soviet Union lasted a lifetime. According to the statistics of the Soviet courts of 1939, the number of sentences for up to five years was 95.9%, the sentences for five to ten years was 4%, and those with more than ten years was 0.1%. Historical facts are evident, a total of 140,000 were arrested and tried nationwide.
– The Moscow Trials were broadcasted live to the public, the press, foreign officials, on the radio, and newspapers to the entire Soviet people. Even the slightest mistreatment, as some have claimed, could have turned into a “democracy” cry from the imperialist bandits, but this didn’t work. Everything continued very clearly and openly. The Moscow trials and indictments have been translated into nearly 40 languages, and was broadcasted live to 17 radio channels around the world.
– Another lie is the claim that the people tried at the Moscow trial “had to accept all the charges imposed on them”. When we read the minutes of the trials, we see that the situation is very different. Because the defendants do not accept all the claims directed at them.
TROTSKY, ZINOVIEV, KAMENEV: HAVE BETRAYED THE SOVIET PEOPLE AND THE SOVIET UNION!
- Stalin handled and conducted the internal struggle in accordance with Marxist-Leninist principles. It is the result of this principled and determined struggle that the party clung around the views of Stalin and the Bolsheviks, and not the Trotskyists and Bukharins.
As a determined advocate and developer of the doctrine of the Leninist party, Stalin argued that his communist party would only be strengthened by clearing its ranks from revisionist elements.
- The Zinovievs, Kamenevs, Bukharins and their supporters were punished for trying to destroy the Soviet system in collaboration with these revisionist forces, the fascism of Hitler, and German imperialism. It’s not because they were Stalin’s “opponents” or had different views.
One of the defendants, Sergey Mrachkovsky, explained the purpose of the activities of this counter-revolutionary conspiratorial killer organization during 1932-1936;
“Hopes for the collapse of the policy of the Party must be regarded as doomed. The methods of struggle applied up to now have not produced positive results. Only one path of struggle remained, and that was the path of removing by violence the leaders of the Party and the Government.”
- Without these courts, if the traitors had not found their punishment, they would have been the blessing of fascism. Without these courts, the epic resistance against German fascism in the Second Imperialist Sharing war (WW2) would not have been born.
MASSACRES AND OPPRESSION ARE THE WORK OF IMPERIALISM
THE LIE OF IMPERIALISM: THE KATYN MASSACRE
One of the lies and defamation, perhaps the biggest, campaigns of the imperialists, Russian collaborators, and the fascists against the USSR and Stalin is the “Katyn massacre”.
Poland is a country that borders the Soviet Union. To protect the border, the imperialists want to open a gap between Poland and the Soviets. This is exactly why the “Katyn massacre” lie is being told.
- Allegedly, “10 – 25 thousand Polish officers, policemen and civilians taken prisoner by the Soviet army in 1940, were killed by a firing squad in the Katyn forest near Smolensk due to Stalin’s order.” In fact, this lie spread by imperialism and its collaborators today, was a failed campaign of lies and demagoguery by Hitler’s propaganda minister, Joseph Goebbels. Now the imperialists and their collaborators continue this lie from where Goebbels left off. However, when the lie of the fascist Goebbels that “Stalin ordered the massacre of 10 thousand people” was continued by the imperialists, the number was doubled and “22 thousand people were massacred”. The “murder” of 10,000 Polish officers in Katyn has been cited in schools in Germany for decades as evidence for the Bolsheviks’ “bloodshed”. They poison young brains and try to rewrite history with lies. They compare the fascism of Hitler with the Soviets and say that just as Auschwitz is a crime against humanity committed by the fascism of Hitler, the “Katyn massacre” is a “crime against humanity” committed by Stalin and the Bolsheviks. Beyond doubt, for decades, bourgeois ideologies have had no issues with the fascism of Hitler. They maintained hostility towards Stalin and socialism by saying “Hitler is bad, but Stalin is also bad” and “fascism is bad but socialism is also bad.”
- Germany attacked the USSR in 1941. Fascist Germany’s Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels, who realized that they could not deal with the Red Army, spread this lie to bring the Soviet Union to a difficult position and to disrupt the anti-fascist coalition and to provoke the Polish against the Soviets. The victory of Stalingrad was the turning point of the war. At exactly this is point is where the Goebbels team started their campaign. In the posters that Goebbels prepared, it said “If the Soviets win, everywhere will be Katyn”.
- In September 1943, after Smolensk was cleared of the fascists, the Soviet government established two commissions to investigate the Katyn case.
- In January 1944, the Commission called many people to the scene of the incident to explain its findings, these people included foreign journalists and the daughter of the US ambassador. It was shown that those who were shot here were killed by the Nazis.
For example, the weapon used was the German pistol Walther. The rope used to tie their hands was made in Germany. Soon, the Soviet Armies recaptured the cemetery and further exploration of the Katyn forests was conducted. It was understood that the Polish officers were shot with German Gecko pistols, and that the dates of their murder turned out to be the fall of 1941, and not the 1940s as the fascists claimed.
When the graves were opened, it was seen that those massacred were buried with their clothes and the documents-IDs with the dates of 1941 were found in their pockets. This situation shows that these prisoners of war were alive until the Nazi occupation. In the autopsies, many technical and microscopic details were also reported. In 1944, a special commission of Forensic Medicine experts was established in Moscow in the autopsy of 925 bodies with the presence of “Western” expert observers. It was documented that Germany’s fascism was responsible for the Katyn massacre and this was announced to the world. The Katyn incident was discussed at the Nuremberg trials after the war ended and the USSR won again.
– But as American imperialism escalated its attacks on Stalin and socialism after the 1950s, this lie was reborn and brought back to the agenda.
Despite All the Attacks, Historical Investigations Document the Fact That the USSR Did Not Carry Out This Massacre.
All the Efforts of Imperialism and Their Collaborators Are in Vain…
SOVIET UNION-GERMANY NON-AGGRESSION TREATY
Why did Stalin have to sign a non-aggression treaty with Fascist Germany? During the 1930s, all imperialist states, particularly the British and French imperialists, rejected the USSR’s offer of a collective security treaty in Europe, and entered a policy of appeasing Hitler. When Hitler annexed Europe, invaded Czechoslovakia, they did not make a sound. The Soviet Union, whose efforts were unsuccessful, had to make a non-aggression agreement with Germany.
The non-aggression agreement gains the Soviets a period of around one year. By delaying the attack, it prolongs the preparation process. This agreement was made for this.
The bourgeois intellectuals and the press wrote that this shocked France and Britain. The same France and Britain did not fire a single bullet against German fascism for seven months when Germany invaded Poland in September 1939.
The purpose of the attack on Stalin through this non-aggression agreement is primarily to equalize Hitler and Stalin. It’s to show the people that they’re both the same dictator, that they’re both the same murderer.
Another lie is the “secret additional protocol” of the treaty. Allegedly, this protocol was for Germany and the USSR to divide Poland, leaving Bessarabia to the USSR. The original of such a document has never been shown. Announced for the first time in a 1946 article in a US newspaper, it said that such a protocol was found in microfilms supposedly shot in Berlin. At the time, no one took this claim seriously. However, in the 1980s, when the enemy of the peoples Mikhail Gorbachev came to power, this secret protocol began to be discussed again in Europe. The purpose of all these slanders is to destroy Stalin’s prestige. Imperialist tyrants still shake every time they hear Stalin’s name. Stalin has always been the fearful dream of the imperialists.
Imperialism has a massive dark history, which is enough for us to not believe in the lies of imperialism.
No imperialist lie can conceal their true face.
We will continue to fight against anti-Stalinism wherever we are. The struggle against anti-Stalinism is part of the struggle for revolution. The most important pillar of the revolutionary struggle is the ideological struggle!
REJECTING STALIN IS REJECTING MARXISM-LENINISM!
TO BE STALINIST TODAY IS TO FIGHT AGAINST IMPERIALISM AND FASCISM FOR SOCIALISM!
STALIN IS THE LEADER OF THE PEOPLES OF THIS WORLD, ONE OF OUR LEADERS!
IT IS OUR PROMISE TO STALIN, WE WILL SHAKE THIS WORLD ONCE AGAIN FROM TURKEY!
PEOPLE’S FRONT – TURKEY